Thursday, April 16, 2015

Eating My Way Through Columbus

Our recent move to Columbus is giving us the opportunity to view daily life from a fresh perspective. There is something to be said about having to start fresh - find the grocery store that fits your needs best, the best restaurants, the dog park, walking paths, etc. So this is me sharing my new environment.

One thing I have always noticed about Columbus is how many restaurants and the wide variety of restaurants. On any given night diners fill eateries to enjoy a meal and lively conversation. So I have decided one of the best ways for me to get to know the real Columbus is to get to know the restaurants. Growing up in the grocery business my taste buds are a bit adventurous, however, my husband, Dino is more meat and potatoes and a very vanilla environment. We’ll work on changing that. Recently we stopped by Holy Smoke Barbeque on Hamilton Rd in Gahanna. They also have a location in the North Market.  Very friendly family atmosphere, full bar and an adequate menu started our dining experience on the plus side!


Our waiter graciously brought us some samples of local crafted beer and we both choose a light crisp beer. We ordered an appetizer of hush puppies – I have not had hush puppies in years. We really enjoyed the deep fried treats with a nice selection of barbeque sauce for dipping. Next I had a trio of slider – chicken, pork and turkey. The chicken was bit spicier than I had anticipated, the turkey was very good but I really could not get enough of the pork. Oddly enough I am not a huge pork eater so it was surprising that the pork slider was the one that really made my taste buds go crazy! It was cooked just right, not too dry and the delicate smoky flavor balanced nicely with the tender pork. Overall we had a great meal at a great price and we can’t wait to stop in again!

No comments:

Post a Comment